Siskiyou County is proud to be the home to a California Enterprise Zone. The Enterprise Zone Program allows only 42 zones in the entire state. The purpose of the program is to provide tax incentives to businesses to spur private capital investment in the local economy. All businesses that are located in the zone are eligible for incentives and benefits. Those incentives and benefits include:
- Up to 100% Net Operating Loss (NOL) carry-forward. NOL may be carried forward 15 years
- Firms can earn $31,544 or more in state tax credits for each qualified employee hired
- Corporations can earn sales tax credits on purchases of $20 million per year of qualified machinery and machinery parts
- Up-front expensing of certain depreciable property. Lenders to Zone businesses may receive a net interest deduction
- Unused tax credits can be applied to future tax years, stretching out the benefit of the initial investment
- Enterprise Zone companies can earn preference points on state contracts
to download State Enterprise Zone Tax Incentives Guidelines.
Siskiyou County is committed to assist new and expanding businesses. Led by the Siskiyou County Economic Development Council, we will put a team together to help you with every aspect of your project from concept to reality. No matter what you need we will have the most effective professional people there to make sure that each step of your project is handled quickly, thoroughly and within your time line and budget.
Are You in The Zone?
Click here to view maps
to find out if your business or property is located within the Siskiyou Enterprise Zone.
Any employee with an address in the TEA is eligible for an employer to voucher and receive a tax credit.
Enterprise Zone Partners
When it comes to progressive economic development, job growth, and the strengthening of our local communities, no single individual or organization would be successful working on their own. It takes a great and dedicated team to bring it all together. We are extremely proud of the diverse range of businesses, organizations, and communities that have come together to support our efforts to create a thriving, diversified economy here in Siskiyou County.
The Siskiyou County Economic Development Council, County of Siskiyou, and nine Siskiyou County municipalities collaborated in order to secure the highly-coveted Enterprise Zone designation.
Tom Odom, CAO
PO Box 750
Yreka, CA 96097
Carol McKay, City Administrator
307 Main Street
Dorris, CA 96023
PO Box 460
Etna, CA 96027
PO Box 428
Montague, CA 96064
PO Box 847
Tulelake, CA 96134
Steve Baker, City Manager
701 Fourth Street
Yreka, CA 96097
Brenda Bains, City Administrator
5915 Dunsmuir Avenue
Dunsmuir, CA 96025
530-235-4822 ext 103
City of Fort Jones
PO Box 40
Fort Jones, CA 96032
Ted Marconi, City Manager
205 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd.
Mt. Shasta, CA 9067
Ron Stock, City Administrator
PO Box 470
Weed, CA 96094